Home

Scorpion screwdriver antenna

Scorpion Antennas™ are designed for amateurs that demand outstanding performance. Our antennas work great in Mobile, Home and Portable settings. We build an ideal base station antenna for the amateur living with antenna restrictions. Don't let H.O.A. restrictions keep you off the air Scorpion Antennas > Products > Mobile > Scorpion Mobile Antenna. Scorpion Mobile Antenna $ 889.00 - $ 929.00. Our #1 Selling Antenna. Standard finish is stainless steel or available in the Black Widow gloss black finish. SA-680 covers 10 through 80 meters with supplied 6 foot whip Scorpion Screwdriver Antenna HOA Friendly Home Installation in a walled in backyard in Phoenix, A Hi-Q makes screwdriver antennas with 5 diameter coils that have higher Q and lower loss than the little 3 coils of the Scorpion. It seems to show up in the results of the mobile antenna shootouts. You might ask around more and see what you find. WB2WIK/ The Scorpion antenna has worked well for amateur and MARS operation. Because I have a camper in the bed of the truck the only place to mount was on the brush guard. Hooked up to my TS480HX the SWR is no higher than 1.5:1 from 3.5 to 28.9 mHz. If you are looking for a quality screw driver antenna the Scorpion is the one

Scorpion Screwdriver Antenna HOA Friendly Home Installation in a walled in backyard in Phoenix, AZ. Video taken from the channel: None Business . MFJ-1924 Programmable Screwdriver Antenna Controller. Show Description. This is a must have with a motorized HF antenna, such as my Tarheel.. This is a video just showing what it does and how it work Scorpion SA6-160 - Mobile Antenna 80 to 6 m. A gasketed sealed Polycarbonate enclosure mounted at the base of the antenna sports two shunt coils switched through a relay. An 8 turn shunt coil covers 10-80 meters, the 16 turn shunt coil covers 160 meters. The relay is controlled via a switch mounted on our antenna control box Scorpion is one of the newer screwdriver antenna manufacturers. Their machining, and build quality has to be seen to be believed! No other HF mobile antenna even comes close! Weather sealing is above average, and with 3 inch coils (#10, 6 tpi), efficiency is about as good as it gets Feel free to leave us feedback on our Contacts US Page or email us direct with your questions or comments at support@hiqantennas.com. Our next project will be adding a documents and information page about Hi-Q Antennas. Thank you for your past support of Hi-Q antennas and we look forward to continuing to provide Hi-Q antennas for your future needs We chose a Scorpion SA-680 Screwdriver Antenna for our project. Scorpion mobile HF antennas are among the best on the market in terms of quality and efficiency. The SA-680 covers all HAM bands from 80m - 10m (160m operation will also be added to this antenna - more on this in a later post)

Scorpion Antenna

This project shows the process of installing a control line for my mobile Scorpion HF antenna Phase 3 - Install the Scorpion Screwdriver Antenna and Controller; Phase 4 - Install a 500w Amplifier, 160m capability and operating accessories; We have been having fun with our new Mobile HF installation in our 2009 Ford F-150 Pickup Truck. We are currently using a simple HAMStick antennas to operate on the 20m and 40m bands Rating: 2020-07-23. It does work, but not very robust. Time Owned: more than 12 months. First screwdriver antenna I ever purchased. This taught me the fundamentals of constructing common mode baluns to eliminate RF on control and coax lines. Proper wrapping of wire is paramount and is useless unless executed correctly Heretofore, no one has made a foldover sturdy enough to support a decent-sized screwdriver antenna. Those days are over! Breedlove has introduce their new, Scorpion super-duty foldover mount , shown right, capable of supporting antennas as large as 20 pounds The scorpion antenna has been a great addition to our hobby. -----Earlier 5-star review posted by KF5PEL on 2015-10-23 I've had the Scorpion 680-S five months. I've used another screwdriver type antenna with metal end caps and a plunger and can say that the 680-S is a better performer based on contacts made, signal reports and ability.

Scorpion Mobile Antenna - Scorpion Antenna

1. When life serves you lemons, make some lemonade, Ham Style! By turning a damage RV roof repair into a screwdriver antenna installation project
  2. Tarheel Antenna Inc. 3906 Oakland Ave. #8547, St. Joseph, MO 64506 If sending something to us by UPS or FedEX send to: Tarheel Antennas Inc. 18511 County Road 304, St. Joseph, MO 6450
  3. Screwdriver antenna makers category is a curation of 8 web resources on , The KO6YD Screwdriver Antenna Memory, Tarheel Antennas, K4POZ Screwdriver Antennas. Resources listed under Screwdriver Antenna category belongs to Mobile Antennas main collection, and get reviewed and rated by amateur radio operators
  4. A screwdriver antenna is a vertical antenna with a remotely-adjustable center-loading coil. Intended for mobile operation, it may be adjusted to cover any band from 10m to 75m. The antenna takes its name from the use of a reversible DC electric motor like that of an electric screwdriver. The original DK-3 Screwdriver Antenna design was created.
  5. Screwdriver antennas. Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by I made my camo cover when I had my Scorpion parked out on our back fence with 5 elevated radials. part of the Gulf of Mexico). I like having it being not so obvious as the antenna is the shiny stainless steel version with clear Lexan over it. Yes, it is a large bit of.
  6. Phase 3 - Install the Scorpion Screwdriver Antenna and Controller. Phase 4 - Install a 500w Amplifier, 160m capability and operating accessories (this article) The first step in this part of our project was to add upgrades to our Scorpion SA-680 Screwdriver Antenna to enable it to be used on 160m. Screwdriver Antenna Configured For 160m

Here's another possible antenna solution for those living in deed-restricted homes and apartments (HOAs and CC&Rs). In this video, None Business uses his Scorpion Screwdriver mobile antenna to operate from his property. While the arrangement isn't perfect, it does allow this radio amateur to get on the air without undue notice Scorpion Antennas. The Scorpion antenna is a heavyweight, at 18 pounds and it needs a very robust base to hold it. Breedlove Mounts. Its the Rolls Royce of Mobile screwdriver type antennas, and not just because I bought one, it is indeed, a very rugged and carefully crafted antenna About Scorpion Antennas The resource is currently listed in dxzone.com in 2 categories. The main category is HF antenna manufacturers that is about Manufacturers of amateur radio HF antenna.. This link is listed in our web site directory since Friday Nov 27 2009, and till today Scorpion Antennas has been followed for a total of 2491 times.So far received 6 votes for a total score of 8.50/1 Compatible with most Tarheel, Hi-Q, Scorpion, and High Sierra Antennas Plug and Play with your radio. No calibration required. Just plug it in and tune Fully automatic adjustment of the screwdriver antenna Tuning is performed at 5 - 10 watts Park function automatically lowers the antenna to its lowest positio Turbo Tuner 2 for Yaesu FT-857D/897 **Not compatible with the HiQ-5 Antenna** Compatible with most Tarheel, Hi-Q, Scorpion, High Sierra, and Diamond motorized screwdriver antennas. Plug and Play with your radio. No calibration required. Just plug it in and tune (after one-time setup) Fully automatic adjustment of the screwdriver antenna

Turbo Tuner 2 for Icom HF Radios **Not compatible with the HiQ-5 Antenna** Compatible with most Tarheel, Hi-Q, Scorpion, High Sierra, and Diamond motorized screwdriver antennas. Plug and Play with your radio. No calibration required. Just plug it in and tune (after one-time setup) Fully automatic adjustment of the screwdriver antenna A few questions directed at Robert were answered by email and phone thoroughly and promptly. There are only three popular screwdriver companies left (Scorpion, Hi-Q, and Tarheel), and while the other two are also fine, quality made antennas, the Tarheel for its' price point (much less than the other two), in my opinion, is an excellent choice Compare this with a decent quality screwdriver antenna, properly, and solidly, mounted where the ERP is about 5 watts on 80 meters. The difference is a little more than one S unit (assuming you have an accurate S meter). Therefore, some argue that a lowly hamstick or short, stubby screwdriver is an adequate HF mobile antenna. But is it The best ones I've heard used Scorpion 680s screwdriver antenna mounted on a fold-over mounts on the ladder, Looks like you have a 6 call check out some of the guys on 40 each morning after daylight on 7155, almost everybody there is an RVer and most all of them are running these types of antennas **Not compatible with the HiQ-5 Antenna** **Not compatible with TS-2000** Compatible with most Tarheel, Hi-Q, Scorpion, High Sierra, and Diamond motorized screwdriver antennas. Plug and Play with your radio. No calibration required. Just plug it in and tune (after one-time setup) Fully automatic adjustment of the screwdriver antenna

Scorpion Screwdriver Antenna HOA Friendly Home

TennaTronix KTT-1. Free Shipping! This item has been replaced by the KTT-480 and the KTT-2000. Turbo Tuner 2 for Kenwood **Not compatible with the HiQ-5 Antenna** Compatible with most Tarheel, Hi-Q, Scorpion, High Sierra, and Diamond motorized screwdriver antennas. Plug and Play with your radio I am in the process of installing a Scorpion SA-680S screwdriver antenna on the roof of my cargo trailer ham shack. The antenna is mounted to a mechanism that will raise the antenna from a horizontal position (stored for traveling) to a vertical position for stationary operating purposes motorized antenna,screwdriver antenna, mobile HF Antenna. All Postal service mail to: Tarheel Antennas, Inc. 3906 Oakland Avenue, Box 854

Scorpion Antenna QRZ Forum

I'm almost done designing my screwdriver antenna, it's roughly the size of a scorpion with a 10ga 6tpi 2.75 in dia coil 20 long. I'm driving it with a stepper and having a hard time deciding where to put the driver module We used a Scorpion SA-680 Screwdriver Antenna and are very happy with it. This is a big antenna and you must carefully focus on a strong and secure mounting system to use it safely. Our Stage 2 station was QRV on all HF bands from 80m - 10m and utilized a screwdriver controller to automate the adjustment of the antenna when changing. those are two very different antennas . one is $60 antenna designed for the CB radio band (11 meters) and the other is a $600 10-80 meter ham antenna . if youre just on 11 meters (cb channels) the wilson is a much much more cost effective solution and is much easier to mount . if youre a hammy and need to cover multiple bands from 10-80 meters the scorpion is gonna be the only option from your.

Scorpion, Black widow and Mobiles on Pinterest

eHam.ne

Best is pretty subjective, but when I considered the screwdriver antenna market, I quickly came to the conclusion that Scorpion was the best. I went ahead and purchased the largest model they make, the SA6-160. With a nice size capacity hat, my screwdriver tunes down into the AM broadcast band All of our antennas come with 20' control cable, standard up and down switch, ferrite core, fuseholder and fuse, 3/8-24 stud and matching coil if needed with antenna. The warranty is simple: For the 1st 30 days if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, return the antenna for a full refund less the shipping charges This antenna at 30 inches isn't as stubby as some of the other even shorter screwdriver type antennas. Even some of the larger screwdriver antennas drop off on the lower bands. Once you get to 75/80 your'e around 5% even for some the large antennas. At least the HI-Q short antenna is cheaper than the High Sierra Sidekick and it is longer

6 meters. 2 meters. MFJ HF Portable/Mobile Manual Screwdriver Antennas let you operate all bands 80 through 6-meters and the new 60-meter band, or 40 through 2-meters continuously, including all WARC bands, depending upon the model you select. The extra-long 10 ft. telescopic whip helps you really get your signal out and work that DX Having a large screwdriver on the front of my Tahoe doesn't cause vision problems. It's basically right in front of the passenger, and I notice it for about 3 minutes, then I naturally look past it. From the driver seat, I'm never bothered. If you decide you want a screwdriver, check out Scorpion

Building a DK3 Screwdriver Antenna - Hardware RDTK

About Hi-Q Antennas The resource is currently listed in dxzone.com in 5 categories. The main category is Screwdriver antenna makers that is about Screwdriver antenna makers. This link is listed in our web site directory since Sunday Apr 23 2006, and till today Hi-Q Antennas has been followed for a total of 5693 times.So far received 4 votes for a total score of 5.00/1 Mounted atop a Scorpion 680, the antenna can be tuned from 80 through 17 meters. The stock cap hat from Scorpion uses a 3 foot mast, and 60 inch wires, and allows the inclusion of 15 meters. Four loops could be used, but this increases wind loading by 1/3, with only a very small increase in effectiveness

Even if your radio sees 50 ohms due to the antenna tuner your antenna is still not resonant. If that were the case I would have never needed to spend $1000 greenbacks on my Scorpion screwdriver for true multiband operations. I always thought of the tuner as making a radio happy but an antenna could honestly care less and it improves nothing Tarheel Antennas LT-32 Standard 32 in. Stainless Steel Whip for Little Tarheel II and Little Tarheel HP Mobile Screwdriver Antennas. 5.0 out of 5 stars. 1. $30.00. $30. . 00. FREE Shipping. Only 3 left in stock - order soon Screwdriver is also known as a recess which has a shape or groove made on the head of the screw and the screwdriver is applied to it to drive the screw in clockwise or anticlockwise. In the screwdriver, there is a handle and a groove at the tip of the shaft at another end. There are many types of screwdrivers available Subject: Scorpion Screwdriver Ant. Message: It's more expensive but its lots better built then some. AND If I can hear them they can hear me. Great Antenna, but you need a good mount due to the weight. Call: NA8W 7/3/2021. Email direct response to na8w@hotmail.co

Eventually I may have to upgrade from my hamsticks and go to a Scorpion screwdriver antenna. AG5YO, Feb 21, 2021 #22. US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page Tarheel v Scorpion screwdriver antenna by awalr001 in HamRadio [-] awalr001 [ S ] 0 points 1 point 2 points 27 days ago (0 children) But what if you put the tree on a trailer About D&K Products The resource is currently listed in dxzone.com in a single category. The main category is Screwdriver antenna makers that is about Screwdriver antenna makers. This link is listed in our web site directory since Sunday Mar 2 2008, and till today D&K Products has been followed for a total of 3096 times.So far no one has rated yet, so be the first to rate this link SD330: Screwdriver Antenna. Length:Approx. 1.85m / Weight:Approx. 1.1kg Frequency:3.5-30MHz / Max. power rating:200W (SSB) Impedance: 50Ω / SWR:Less than 2. Hi Q Antennas. 880 N Street, Suite 101 Anchorage, AK 99501 USA . Contact Us by Phone. Use our Customer Contact and Comments Page to place your request or inquiry. You can also call us at (866) 970-7050. Mission. Providing State of the Art, proven design antennas for Short (NVIS) and Long Range HF communications. Top

Scorpion SA6-160 - Mobile Antenna 80 to 6

The camera was canted, so the antenna doesn't look vertical in the photo, but it is. The bracket is sturdy enough to hold any reasonable antenna. The left photo is Peter's (K5HAB) Winnebago View. The Scorpion SA-680 is mounted on a bracket welded to the custom bull bar. Some RV owners install their HF antennas on the rear ladder About Screwdriver Antennas The resource is currently listed in dxzone.com in 5 categories. The main category is Screwdriver antenna makers that is about Screwdriver antenna makers. This link is listed in our web site directory since Saturday Jan 5 2008, and till today Screwdriver Antennas has been followed for a total of 5296 times.So far received 6 votes for a total score of 9.00/1

Scorpion Screwdriver Antenna HOA Friendly Home

Torque Screwdriver Market Report Outlook 2021-2027 provides brief information related to specific growth opportunities including supply and demand scenario, pricing structure, profit margins Roof-racking VHF antennas on SUV. January 1, 2021. April 7, 2020 by John S. Huggins. Here are various pictures of the options opened by adding Thule roof racks to my Subaru Forester. Top-Rear view of 2m collinear mounting bracket between Thule crossbars. Larger view of 2m collinear antenna atop the 0.190 inch thick aluminum plate bent to keep. Hustler 40 Meter Mobile Antenna Resonator RM40 400W for MO1 MO2 MO3 MO4 Mast. $29.25. Trending at $36.11. NEW ICOM RS-BA1 Version2 IP Remote Control Software from JAPAN w/Tracking. $101.74. Trending at $107.99. Comet CF-4160 Duplexer 1.3-170 MHz / 350-540 MHz, N Female. $48.95. Trending at $59.95 Mechanics Tool Set (290-Piece) The Husky 290-piece 1/4 in., 3/8 in. and The Husky 290-piece 1/4 in., 3/8 in. and 1/2 in. drive mechanics tool set offers a comprehensive selections of tools for the professional or DIY mechanics workshop. The wide variety of standard and deep sockets along with the assortment of combination wrenches and bit sockets will allow you to tackle any fastening or.

Antenna, Commercia

Scorpion Antennas. Mobile Antennas WA4DXP . heaviest for giant screwdriver antennas to light mounts on cars, trucks, motor homes and yes, even a bicycle. TUNE that antenna for best performance. Ground rig and antenna base well. Happy mobile hamming. Mobile Antennas WA4DXP Scorpion screwdriver antenna for sale. Compare Search ( Please select at least 2 keywords ) Most Searched Keywords. Louisville hip surgeon 1 . Landau uniform tops 2 . Ako clothing record review 3 . Italian grocery store in baltimore 4 . Texas spiders that bite 5 . 1957 cincuenta centavos coin 6 Compatible with most Tarheel, Hi-Q, Scorpion, High Sierra, and Diamond motorized screwdriver antennas. Plug and Play with your radio. No calibration required. Just plug it in and tune (after one-time setup) Fully automatic adjustment of the screwdriver antenna. The TurboTuner-2 will find the lowest SWR for a given frequency

Approx. 50 sec. (3.5-30Mhz ) Approx 20 sec. (7-30MHz) NOTE: The SD330 uses the car body for its ground. The bracket and the car body need to be well grounded. Comes with OPE750 for tuning 7-50MHz. Diamond® Antennas are sold through authorized dealers. Contact one of your local Diamond® Antenna Dealers for current price & availability A lot of your mounting placement is going to depend on the model of screwdriver antenna you decide to go with. A larger Scorpion or Tarheel is going to require a solid hitch mount or ball mount to support the weight of the antenna The MFJ-1668 manually tuned screwdriver antenna was designed for continuous operation from 6-80 meters using a supplied whip 10 feet in length. The supplied 4 ½ foot whip can be used for mobile or limited space operation. The antenna is tuned by loosening a thumbscrew and moving the aluminum cover up or down th GRA-1899T multiband HF VHF (80m-6m) 3.5-50MHz Handheld Portable Telescopic Antenna Max QRP for YAESU FT-817 FT-817ND FT-818 FT-857D MFJ X5105 or KX3 ICOM IC-705, BNC 4.2 out of 5 stars 71 1 offer from $88.5 I also use a Scorpion screwdriver antenna (more) WYØA 7/3/2021 Scorpion Screwdriver Ant. NA8W 7/3/2021 As I recall you have it mounted on a metal tonneau cover

High Frequency Mobile Antennas - Hi-Q Antennas - AES, LL

Mobile HF Installation - Part 3/4 (Screwdriver Antenna

Screwdriver Antennas - Mobile Antennas - Antennas

1. The Scorpion Screwdriver is mounted on a homecrew bracket against the driver's side bed rail just behind the rear wheel (almost at the tailgate). I put it here originally to get the RF as far away from the passengers as possible but still protect the antenna by having it in the bed
  2. ' Jimmi' Up under the hood is a 12-kW Lister genset. You tow anything you tow a circa 2002 Ford Thunderbird convertible.!!
  3. Average Rating:5. $319.99. View Details. Scorpion Tribunus V2 130A 12s Brushless Speed Controller w/BEC. Not yet reviewed. $399.99. Back Order. Scorpion HK-4530-540 Limited Edition Brushless Motor (4800W, 540kV) 3 Reviews

Tarheel v Scorpion screwdriver antenna : HamRadi

Screwdriver Antenna HF 3 - 30 MHz - 200 Watts - 73 Inches Maximum - 3/8 - 24 Mount. HRO Discount Price: $399.95 * Buy It *After Coupons & Promotions. Tweet. DIAMOND SD330 3/8. Current Stock Status At These Ham Radio Outlet Locations. Anaheim, CA. Atlanta, GA. Denver, CO. New Castle, DE. screwdriver antennas. It adjusts the antenna until the measured SWR is less than 1.5:1 at the current operating frequency. This is accomplished by using the Tune function of the radio to supply RF power while the TurboTuner-2 moves the screwdriver antenna up or down and constantly measures the SWR until the minimum is found. Once found Not to mention that it might not feel like so much of a homebrew project if you just order a couple of beautifully made Scorpion screwdriver antennas. Roller inductors will probably move you around a couple bands, and certainly let you move around inside a band, but they seem a little hard to find and I don't want to try to keep a rolling. Description. This HOA Buster is an HF base antenna that defeats the rules imposed upon amateur ham radio operators by using existing metal gutters as an antenna, and enables your tuner to achieve a near perfect match from 6-160 meters. This is a permanent outdoor system that weathers well. There's no maximum size for the gutter that can be. Hi-Q-Antennas -3 (dash 3). 14 . 4.4 . 6/14/07 . Hi-Q-Antennas -4 (dash 4) 22 . 5.0 . 12/30/07 . Hi-Q-Antennas -5 (dash 5) 25 . 5.0 . 12/14/07 . High Sierra Bullseye Screwdriver Turns Counter. 1 . 4.0 . 7/15/05 . High Sierra El Dorado. 10 . 5.0 . 4/22/07 . High Sierra Frontier Antenna System. 1 . 5.0 . 6/11/07 . High Sierra HS-1500 Screwdriver.

repair of scorpion antenna - YouTub

This model also uses the commercial 12 volt gear motor. Tarheel designed the Baby Tarheel as a package. All you need extra is a mount of some sort and a nice HF radio. Included standard with the Baby Tarheel antenna is: the 36 whip, 20 ft. of plug & play control cable, manual control box, ferrite decoupling core and 3/8-24 stud I am Jeffrey Cavender and I founded Breedlove Mounts. I make and sell a wide range of brackets and antenna mounts for your mobile ham radio operators. We have been providing variable and straightforward mount devices since 2002 When properly installed on your vehicle the Model 100A-HP will provide continuous coverage from 3.2 to 29 MHz with the supplied 6' whip. The Model 100A-HP like all the Tarheel Antennas is without a doubt the best built, the best looking, best performing, highest power rating motorized antenna for it's size and design on the market

Scorpion Antenna - portable - at WA0FSE October 20 2017

1. Biography. A retired engineer, I live full-time in my 1987 Wanderlodge PT40. All operation is mobile with a Ten-Tec Jupiter transceiver and a roof-mounted Scorpion SA-680 screwdriver antenna. Update Nov 2015: I have changed my transceiver to a Flex 6500 and added an Elecraft KPA-500 amplifier. Worked DXCCs
  2. Tarheel LT-II Little Tarheel II Mobile Screwdriver Mobile Antenna - 3.5 to 54 MHz - 200 Watts PEP. Out Of Stock - Delivery Will Be Delayed! HRO Discount Price: $539.95 * Buy I
  3. TuneMatic is a self-contained antenna controller which automatically adjusts the resonant frequency of a screwdriver/motorized antenna. TuneMatic operates anywhere between 1-60 MHz, and supports a wide variety of screwdriver-type tunable antennas. TuneMatic utilizes frequency measurement, SWR detection, and antenna position to perform the.

K4EAA Screwdriver Antenn

1. Screwdriver Antenna HF 3 - 30 MHz - 200 Watts - 73 Inches Maximum - UHF Mount. HRO Discount Price: $399.95 * Buy It *After Coupons & Promotions. Tweet. DIAMOND SD330 UHF. Current Stock Status At These Ham Radio Outlet Locations. Anaheim, CA. Atlanta, GA. Denver, CO. New Castle, DE.
  2. Jul 18, 2021 - Explore Christopher Goodman's board Antennas on Pinterest. See more ideas about antennas, amateur radio, ham radio antenna
  3. Guys I purchased a HI Q 6-160 antenna, anyone here use one??...need any insights or experiences you have with screwdriver antennas in general and..
impedance matching - How does this antenna match workMobile HF Installation – Part 3/4 (Screwdriver AntennaMobile HF Installation – Part 1/4 (Initial Installation)KB1JTB - Callsign Lookup by QRZ Ham Radio

Mark, W7MLG's Ham Station in our Great West Sprinter RV. I've built up an HF / VHF Ham station in our RV. It consists of the following: Scorpion SA-680 Screwdriver Antenna Scorpion Mobile Antenna Website. Elecraft KX3 Transceiver Elecraft KX3 Website. Elecraft PX3 Panadapter Elecraft PX3 Website. Elecraft KPA500 Amplifier Elecraft KPA500 Website I have a Scorpion antenna ordered but on backorder. Hopefully will get it in early June. I am running the 891 Rigpi on battery here in the house to get that all checked out. I also want to be able to do CW and also need to be able to control the screwdriver antenna remotely. All doable. 73 W9BEL. Bill Bel These Trailer Hitch Mast Mount Kits include all you would need to mount your mast to your trailer hitch. These kits are available with either a 23 inch Hitch Bar or 10.5 inch Hitch Bar. The 23 inch Hitch Bar will allow you to use your mast with the Tailgate down to operate from, with a SUV hatch open, RV storage door open, and many other uses