Home

How to view histogram on Nikon D500

I suspect that this question has been answered before; if so, I apologize. I am working my way up the learning curve of a D500. I have not found a way of producing a histogram in the viewfinder while shooting. All references in the manual are for Live View. What am I missing? Thanks To turn on the Histogram display, activate Live View and then press the info button until the Histogram appears over your image. The vertical part of the scale—the peaks and valleys—shows the percentage of the scene that is bright and dark. A well-balanced exposure shows a fairly even series of these peaks and valleys across the scale Press the Live View button (Lv), Press the Live View info button (the sort of stylized i right next to the Lv button), Scroll to Exposure preview and set it to ON. Now, when you're in Live View, press the info button (the one on the left, with info written on it) repeatedly until the live histogram appears

Histogram in D500 viewfinder?: Nikon Pro DX SLR (D500

The Information Display To hide or display indicators in the monitor, press the R button. The histogram is only displayed in the exposure preview (0 Exposure Preview) or when On (Mode 2) is selected for Silent live view photography (0 Silent Live View Photography) Nikon D750 How to turn on Histogram in Live view. getting exposure right is important. you can get the histogram in live view but you have to set this up. ho.. Nikon D500 bracketing wrong exposure preview and histogram. I have a problem with my Nikon D500 (firmware 1.13) I have set up my bracketing to start with underexposed image. I shoot in manual mode. So I turn live view on and set up exposure for first bracketed image - underexposed one. But my live histogram is moved by +2EV compared to exposure. How to Use the RGB Histograms Mode on Your Nikon D5300 By Julie Adair King Press the Multi Selector down to shift from Highlights mode to this mode on your Nikon D5300. You can view your picture in this mode only if you enable it via the Display Mode option on the Playback menu

Example Nikon D500 histogram (under bird) and exposure meter (vertical on the right side). Source LuAnnThatcherPhotography.Com. With the histogram in view, take note of the exposure meter on the right side of the LCD screen (vertical +/- scale as seen in the photo above). In this specific example, this photo is 1/3 underexposed as it is on the. Go to the playback menu, and look for playback display options. That will include a submenu for additional photo info. Open that, and you will get a list of playback options, each with a box you can check. There are actually two sets of histograms

A quick video on how to enable Histogram options on the Nikon D3200 camera . Could be the same menu options for various Nikon D series similar models.Menu- P.. Re: Histogram in live view. I don't have the D7200, but on the D810 multiple presses of the Info button will cycle through the info display, virtual horizon, shooting grids, histogram, and maybe one other view. Looks like the D500 behaves similar. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk This will allow you to better preview the resulting image and make exposure adjustments, and will also enable you to access the Live View Histogram of the scene by pressing the DISP Button. Custom Control Assignments - A few other hidden features of the Nikon Z7 and Z6 can only be accessed by customizing one of the camera buttons to assign it.

Using the Histogram to Check Exposure DSLR Video - Niko

1. To enable histogram go to menu (by pressing the menu button), playback menu, playback display options, overview, then hit OK, then move up to done and hit ok. After that in playback mode, you have to push the up arrow when you preview an image. This will show you the histogram
  2. My D500 lcd looks very light but the histogram still shows 1-1.5 stops under (at 0 comp on matrix metering for an average land/cityscape.) Just keep looking at the histogram and expose to the right! Tony
  3. Hi I seem to be having a problem. Nikon D500 I take a picture underwater, review it on the LCD screen and it looks correctly exposed. Above the water it seems to be overexposed (once on my laptop) and I am finding it difficult to judge how a picture will look while taking it
  4. g from D300 I must say that overall it is a tremendous improvement in both image quality and AF performance. I did notice though that in some scenes where there is both shadowed and direct sunlight the camera using matrix metering often chooses to overexpose a bit (1/3-2/3 stop) I will say that I do realize that this scenario is challenging for the.
  5. The Playback button on the Nikon D500 is in the upper left corner of the back of the camera. Press it to see the images and movies you have stored on either of the DSLR's memory cards. When viewing an individual photo on the D500's LCD screen, you'll see data about the currently displayed photo across the bottom of the screen, including the.
  6. Nikon D5000 Live view. One thing we miss in the Nikon D5000, though, is the live histogram display that's an option on the Nikon D3 and on some competing SLRs from Nikon's arch-rival Canon.

In the USA, call (800) NIKON-UX, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Press MENU, click to the left and then up to select the top [ > ] (play) icon. You'll then see PLAYBACK MENU on the top of the rear LCD. It sets various playback options, including what data you see on playback Click to Setup Menu / Connect to smart device / Start on the D850 and hit OK to start the process on the camera. The camera name and serial number should show up on the phone, click it. In a moment, the phone will ask you to select an accessory, click on the D850. Click Pair on the iPhone, and OK on the camera Get the most out of your new Nikon ® D500 with this complete step-by-step walkthrough of the camera's features. Join expert photographer John Greengo for a fast-track introduction, and unlock your camera's full potential. In this class you'll learn: How to use the D500's various shooting modes. How to use and customize the D500's menus Nikon Japan issued notices that the new Nikon Z fc camera and Nikkor Z 28mm f/2.8 Special Edition lens have been delayed because of large number of reservations beyond expectations. A new release date was not provided

Click to display the histogram of the displayed image. Click in the upper right of Histogram to change the details that are displayed. Only RAW images in NEF format captured on a Nikon digital single-lens reflex camera, mirrorless camera, Changing the view mode The greatest show on earth: the histogram. It's a visual display of the range of contrast and the distribution of tones in a photo. A light meter reads the scene and guides you before you take the shot; the histogram analyzes the shot you've taken. Many photographers find it the most useful digital tool Re: Histogram in live view. When using live view on my D7500, it does reflect the change of settings. The exposure changes on the screen when I adjust shutter, aperture or ISO. I used this the other day while taking video of my daughter playing basketball in a poorly lit gym. But the histogram does show up in live view for photos and also video. The standard standard is the so-called 18% reflectance gray card: shoot this card and check to see if the histogram peaks in the middle. If so, your exposure meter is working properly. But, as many of you know, there is some controversy as to whether this should be an 18% gray card or a 12% gray card Essential Nikon camera settings: 4. Histogram display Judging the exposure from the image alone is difficult, so your Nikon has a display mode to help you get it righ

Re: D600 histogram??? Yep Up and Down on the joystick switch you through the various info screens during review. You can turn on/off which info screens are available in the camera menus. This was definitely odd for me coming from the Canon side More so than most of the other Nikon DSLRs, the D500 seems to have plenty of highlight recovery in NEF files. According to the in-camera histogram, most of that sky produces blinkies in all three channels

Steve - to go along with the blinkies/histogram topic - is the Nikon Highlight-Weighted metering mode /effective for preventing/protecting from blowing out highlights? Especially with subjects with white feathers, etc. in the scene? Just recently discovered it on my D500 and haven't much chance yet to test it Nikon D200 Review - D200 Viewfinder. Of the various screens, one of the more interesting options on the Nikon D200 is the histogram screen, shown at right

The Nikon D5000 also offers a RGB histogram display mode. Histogram displays are common on professional digital cameras (and many amateur models now), regarded as almost mandatory by many pros for. p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon D500 & Overexposing. gdsf2 wrote: If your image was of a mostly dark subject, the camera will weight the exposure to make the dark subject correctly exposed. This can then result in blown highlights. There was dark curtains but bright lights and men with bald heads

If the D500 will display the histogram on playback you can use the in camera histogram to evaluate on site. Just use the exposure compensation on the camera to move the histogram to the right, increase exposure or to the left decrease exposure. You can also do the same in the camera offers live view with a histogram display Birds in particular, because we have a lot of birds in Florida. I have the Nikon D500 with the 200-500 mm lens. I have been shooting in Shutter Priority with Auto ISO. It is my understanding that in Shutter Priority, I set the shutter where I want (ie: 1/2000 sec for a fast bird) and the camera will adjust the ISO and aperture It is also easily proved. Put your D500 in manual exposure mode. Set Auto-ISO on. Point the camera at a subject with 2 distinctly different reflective values like a set of black and white cards, so each fills 1/2 the frame. Lock the camera position and move only the focus point from darkest subject area to lightest One word: Histograms. Sure, it sounds a little intimidating at first, like something your high school math teacher would force on your tired brain first thing Monday morning, but I promise, it's way easier than it sounds. Plus, once you learn how to read a histogram, you'll be able to tell at a glance if you have a proper exposure for your.

Here's a Nikon D500 image and a 100% zoom of a portion of the grassy area in an image. Note the reddish-brown dot. Beyond that we see artifacts in the 8x8 block due to JPEG compression which even seems to slightly affect the 8x8 block to the left. we would expect a histogram of the response (in DN) to form a normal distribution Hi Guys A quick question on the Histogram. On the Nikon D810 can you have the histogram continuously on the screen in live view mode just like the D500 ? I know that in live mode on the d810 I can take a shot then check the info and also check the histogram to ensure the correct.. p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Reading RAW Files in ViewNX2 and Capture NX2 from D500. According to Nikon RAW files from the D500 (and D5, as well as D7200, D750 and D810 for that matter) can't be processed/edited in NX2, only in NX-D. If however you're a diehard fan of NX2 (I am) you probably will be glad Miguel Banon has updated his Raw2Nef software so. The introduction of the Nikon D850 has resulted in tremendous excitement for Nikon photographers, with features and improvements that have exceeded expectations. This full-frame (FX) dSLR offers both high-speed shooting and a high resolution 45.7 megapixel sensor, as well as great image quality at high ISO settings for low-light shooting. The camera boasts a responsive

Nikon D500 verdict. The Nikon D500 is a dream camera. It has a fast, effective autofocus system, 10fps shooting capability and first-rate metering and white balance systems. For the money, this might be the best digital SLR Nikon has ever made. Its 4K video, high-tech autofocus and overall image quality raise the bar for APS-C SLRs Nikon DSLR Shipping Status. Here in the US, a large shipment of Nikon Z products hit dealers this week. Since I did a shipping status update on them, I thought it appropriate to do one for the Nikon DSLR side, too: D3500, D5600, D7500 DSLRs, including most kits : plentiful supply. Reasonable supply available, though some dealers may have short. June 2015 edited June 2015. Hello, I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to take off the information screen that shows up while I take photos and view photos. My photo shows up real tiny on the left corner with a graph on the right and tall the info below. I have no idea what button I hit to make this appear and now I want to get rid of it

Nikon D5 vs

Nikon D60 LCD Display. As is the case with other entry-level Nikon digital SLRs, the LCD panel on the D60 can't be used as a viewfinder. It does, however, provide a great deal of information about. Like its predecessor, it adopts a durable metal casing; however, the D500 is the first APS-C crop camera from Nikon to break away from convention by not including a built-in flash (typically found over the pentaprism). The new camera also eschews the expected 24-Mpix sensor found in all of the latest Nikon DX DSLRs in

How do I display a histogram in live view on a Nikon D7500

Nikon D500; Nikon D780; Nikon D850; If you're considering a DSLR not on that short list, I'd say you need to have a really good reason to do so. Of the enthusiast/prosumer DSLRs that remain, the six I just listed are ones that I could still see myself using two, three, or more years from now. (Note: the D850 and perhaps the D7500 or D500 may. Received my new D500 a few days ago and still at the bottom of the learning curve. I am using Sony XQD cards. In addition to formatting the card by going to menu etc., one is supposed to be able to format the card by pressing the trash and ISO buttons Nikon D40 Viewfinder Like most DSLRs, the Nikon D40's viewfinder is an optical through-the-lens type, with the LCD monitor being used for image playback and menu access only. (That is, there's no. Nikon D5, D4, D4s Nikon D850, D800, D810, Nikon D750 NIkon D600, D610 Nikon D500 Nikon D7500, D7200, D7100 Nikon D5xxx series, D3xxx series Nikon Z series (Z6/7) Format: PDF e-book (v 1.0.2) Delivery: Instant download. Note that the vast majority of the information in this book also applies to older Nikon bodies as well (D7000, D3, D300, D700. Description. Award winning instructor and professional wedding photographer Michael Andrew takes us on a step-by-step tour of the Nikon D500 in this training video. Michael Andrew's unique approach simplifies SLR digital photography and shows students how to use simple techniques to take amazing photographs

Exposing to the right, or ETTR, is an approach to photography that is as helpful as it is controversial. On one hand, exposing to the right is yet another technique to remember while shooting, and it can potentially ruin your exposure if utilized incorrectly. On the other hand, at least in theory, ETTR is the epitome of digital exposure With the D850, I have found that if you go much above ISO 400-600 or so you will start to see a noticeable negative impact on shadow recovery flexibility. -If you dial in too much plus (+) compensation and end up with the histogram pushed against the right side, remember that it is much more difficult to recover detail from these over-exposed. Essentials. Gear: First, a tripod with a built-in bubble level. Next, a ball head for that tripod so you can smoothly and accurately turn your camera to capture the sections of the scene that the software will stitch to form the big picture. The essential first step: level the tripod. Then attach and level your camera Flats Calibration of Nikon D500 images - posted in DSLR, Mirrorless & General-Purpose Digital Camera DSO Imaging: I recently made a DIY flat panel for the 6 inch newtonian using a LED tracer pad and a couple of ND filter sheets. I also recently started to image with SGP Pro. Till recently I have simply used my DSLR to pick an exposure for flat frames such that the on camera histogram is centered The Nikon D500 is a long-awaited 20.9 MP professional DX-format digital camera. It comes with the 180,000-pixel metering sensor. In addition, it features a 153-point autofocus system. You can find the autofocus system in the top-notch D5 cameras. This model features the most precise and effective exposure

Nikon D500 Experience 7 1. INTRODUCTION The introduction of the long-awaited Nikon D500 brings about several important updates to its popular and powerful predecessor, the D300s. Most notable is the camera's responsive 153 point autofocus system, with 55 selectable AF Points spread across th (See our Nikon Z7 II review and Nikon D850 review for more.) Then there are some factors where the two cameras differ, but it's not necessarily clear which one has the advantage. The biggest such example is the lens mount: Nikon Z mount for the Z7 II, and Nikon F mount for the D850 Nikon D500 Review. For years Nikon didn't offer a real APS-C flagship model with professional ambitions, the D300S was increasingly outdated. But parallel to the D5, the D500 is now available as a kind of Mini-D5, and it fulfils the long-cherished dreams of many Nikon photographers, perhaps even those who had left the competition for lack of an alternative The Nikon D850 is perhaps one of the most advanced DSLRs made by Nikon to date. As a result, it comes with a lot of controls and menu settings that might be confusing for many photographers out there. In this article, I will provide information on what settings I personally use and shortly explain what some of the camera buttons and controls do

How to use your Histogram and RGB Highlights to check your

Designed for all Nikon DX APS-C cameras such as D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5400, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3500, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, D3000 and D500 DSLR Cameras. Also compatible with FULL FRAME cameras but keep in mind it will produce a circular, vignette image Price: $29.95. Meet the Nikon D500 with 16-80mm Lens. At first glance, it may seem unimposing - but contained within a streamlined camera body is a veritable powerhouse of processing power and technological advances. The D500 is ready to go wherever your passion leads you, capturing everything with stunning clarity, speed and resolution On the d500 is there a way to have live histogram while using live view option Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcut 01. Rotate the live view selector to (live view photography). 02. Press the button. The mirror will be raised and the view through the lens will be displayed in the camera monitor. The subject will no longer be visible in the viewfinder. 03. Position the focus point. Position the focus point over your subject

Beware of the histogram display. It stinks. You see this during playback by tapping the four-way directional selector to the left or right a few times. The histogram display is defective in design and therefore less than useless because its inaccuracy can lead you to make heinously overexposed images that still read AOK I take a photo with my Nikon D500, and then later I want to see the time I took it by looking somewhere on the camera LCD, before I get home and transfer it to Lightroom , where I can see the exif data. I can't seem to do that. Is there a way? Thanks in advance for any answers

Nikon D850 Review | Trusted Reviews

Live histogram preview on Nikon DSLRs Talk Photograph

The Histogram is your Friend. The histogram is a graph of the light and dark areas in your photo. To determine if you have proper exposure on your digital images check your histogram on the back of your camera after every photo you take. It sounds like a lot of work to do this, but trust me, if your exposure is correct, you will have less. For more details on SnapBridge enabled Nikon cameras and to see a list of which Nikon cameras utilize SnapBridge, click here. How to use the iOS SnapBridge App - DIgitutor video on using the SnapBridge 2.0 app on an iOS smart device, with pairing instructions and highlight of new features

Nikon D500 Tutorial - Live View Exposure Preview

10 camera settings you need to learn to master your Nikon. By N sharp is typically used in landscape photography and architectural photography as it's important that the viewer can see. Focusing. Exposure. Shooting. Shutter and aperture priority. ISO and white balance. Essential Nikon camera settings: 5. Burst mode. You can choose whether your Nikon takes a single shot or a burst. It appears that Nikon has adjusted many of their previous serial numbers to give them plenty of room for US, Asian/Pacific, and European bodies. For example, with the D7100, Nikon started using the 25xxxxx code for the first US bodies. Since the US D7100 number comes after the initial number for the smaller Japanese market, it makes some sense.

Nikon D5600 + AF-S DX 18-105 mm f/3Playback Screens & Menus - Steve's DigicamsNikon D100 Digital Still SLR camera - Index Page

Nikon DSLRs: Live View Histogram - YouTub

Nikon still seems to have some parts laying around to make a few last D610's, but this camera is about to be history. You can almost see it in pricing. Nikon first pushed the price to oh my gawd that's a bargain levels with the MB and 50mm bundle, but now the pricing is back to original. That's a signal that there's no new stock coming, I. Nikon D500 bracketing wrong exposure preview and histogram I have a problem with my Nikon D500 (firmware 1.13) I have set up my bracketing to start with underexposed image. I shoot in manual mode Nikon D500 Experience not only covers the various settings, functions and controls of the Nikon D500, but most importantly it also explains when and why to use them for your photography. The guide focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie functions, settings, and menus to get you up and running with HD and 4K UHD video More useful is the grid in Live View, where you can even get a live histogram and an electronic spirit level. The autofocus, however, works much slower in Live View. While the viewfinder focuses within a quarter to a third of a second when used, the D500 allows 0.8 to 1.2 seconds in Live View Choosing Tethered Shooting Software for Nikon DSLR Cameras. Most Nikon DSLR owners are unlikely to have experimented with tethered shooting for one simple reason: Nikon charges in the order of $153 (Amazon) for the required software, where as Canon ships tethered shooting software with their DSLRs at no additional charge.. There have been free alternatives available for some time now but they.

D500 Pic Style for RAW Histogram? Nikon Caf

You reference the d500 as a FF, when in reality it is a DX The D7500 uses the same Expeed 5 image processor as some of Nikon's more expensive full-frame cameras such as the D500, Reply View All. Nikon F mount (with AF coupling and AF contacts) Effective angle of view: Nikon DX format; focal length in 35 mm [135] format equivalent to approx. 1.5x that of lenses with FX format angle of view: Effective pixels; Effective pixels: 20.9 million: Image sensor; Image sensor: 23.5 x 15.7 mm CMOS sensor: Total pixels: 21.51 million: Dust. Top view of the D500 with the AF-S Nikkor 16-80mm f/2.8-5E VR lens. (Source: Nikon.) While Nikon shifted the Mode button on the D5 to the opposite side of the viewfinder housing, on the D500 it remains in the traditional position among the cluster of buttons that sit above the release mode dial In this video, I'll show you my menu setup for the Nikon Z6ii and Z7ii mirrorless cameras. Includes by step instructions with lots of tips and tricks along the way. Also, yes, I did change the intro. Believe it or not, I had a constant stream of complaints about the old one - apparently it was too load and fast for some of the viewers Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7200 vs Nikon D7100 COMPARISON SELECTION (3 selected items max.) VIEW COMPARISON ADD MORE. Scores; Specifications; Measurements; Lenses tested; Nikon D500. DXOMARK Sensor Scores: Overall Score . 84 . Portrait (Color Depth) 24.1 bits. Landscape (Dynamic.

Recommended Nikon D500 Settings - Photography Lif

You are my Bible. Thanks for being there. Your assistance is always on point, and extremely helpful, as opposed to other sites I could name. Thanks again for all your work. Use Nikon D7200, D500, and D850 with several lenses, many you suggested. Awaiting Z50, as was not happy with Sony The Nikon D810 is the new heavy-weight champion of the DSLR world, or at least it has the sharpest pixels and greatest dynamic range. It's so good, in fact, that I have to wonder how it would compare head to head with medium format cameras. I don't shoot medium format, but Alex Koloskov wrote a great head to head comparison of the D800e vs the Hasselblad H4D40 medium format camera (see it. Live view yes : Stabilization Histogram : GPS : Video : Maximum format image video : Full HD : Live autofocus : Video file format : Nikon D300s Nikon D500 70. 84. Compare Nikon D300s vs Nikon D500. Nikon D300s vs Canon model. Nikon D300s Canon EOS 7D Mark II. If the Nikon Z7 is the mirrorless equivalent of the D850 pro full-frame DSLR and the Z6 the D750 enthusiast full-frame model, then the Z50 is roughly on par with the Nikon D7500 (and perhaps the Nikon D500) as an enthusiast APS-C camera, and Nikon has hinted that we can further expect to see even lower-cost mirrorless entry level models. Use the histogram and if a spike goes all the way up to the top of the display then that are is overexposed and detailss will be lost. Take 10 minutes and do a test. Using matrix metering take a shot at 0.0 EV and then a shot at -1.0 EV and another at +1.0 EV. See how much information can be regained in post from the -1.0 EV shot and from the.

Nikon D500 Tips and Tricks Picturing Chang

An ultra wide-angle zoom lens can offer a field of view almost be twice as wide, making it perfect for cramped interiors, big city landmarks, sweeping landscapes and surreal close-ups Join John Greengo for Lesson 11: Back of Camera: Live View of Nikon D500 Fast Start on CreativeLive. Available with seamless streaming across your devices. Get started on your creative journey with the best in creative education taught by world-class instructors. Watch a free lesson today German website Fotografie is reporting that Nikon have received a cease and desist from disgruntled German D500 owner, Andreas V., for falsely advertising the camera's Wi-Fi abilities. While the camera does indeed offer Wi-Fi, it can only be utilised via Nikon's new Bluetooth connected SnapBridge system. At the moment, SnapBridge is only available to owners of compatible Android [ I have purchased several of Michael The Maven's courses in the past. When I upgraded to the new Nikon D500 I was excited to see he'd made a tutorial for this camera. The course was thorough and easy to follow. The lessons are broken down into easy to navigate chapters so that I can go back and re-watch a lesson if I need to

The Live View Displa

Like every Nikon DSLR, the D500 is best paired with legendary NIKKOR lenses which provide unequalled clarity and versatility. The NIKKOR legacy is unmatched—there's a reason over 95 million have been sold to date. Each lens offers a different view from which to capture your memories. Shooting landscapes or portraiture Hello everyone! I currently have a Nikon D500 (20.9mb, 10 fps) and Nikon D810 (36.3mb, 5.5 fps). I mainly photograph nature, wildlife, landscapes and appreciate the large files of the D810 when it comes to cropping. However, most of my subjects are on the move and I find that I use my D500 95% of the time

Nikon D750 How to turn on Histogram in Live view - YouTub

The print size we have chosen is a standard 300dpi 8x12 format, which corresponds to about the physical size of an 8Mpix image printed at 100% magnification. Nikon D500. View tested lens. Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Nikon. Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Can be adjusted by -5 to +5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV in P, S, A, M, SCENE and night vision modes. Exposure lock. Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button. ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index) ISO 100 to 25600 in steps of 1/3 EV; auto ISO sensitivity control available. Active D-Lighting The Nikon D300's screen looks worlds better than anything from Canon. It's the same quality and brightness as the D40, D80 and D200, just bigger. The 3 diagonal 640h x 480v pixel screen of the Nikon D300 calculates has 267 full RGB pixels per inch, which is almost the same as a photo print (300 DPI)

Additional information on Nikon D1 & D1H Digital Still SLR

The D500's automatic white balance and metering system didn't throw up any unpleasant surprises during my testing. with that in mind it's worth keeping an eye on the histogram view and the. You may know that I'm already pretty sold on the Nikon D500, and the Nikon D5 doesn't look too shabby, either.. This hands on video by Jeremy Smith looks at both bodies and answers a couple of questions that I was having about the AF system and wireless capabilities of the D500.. It also goes somewhat towards squashing the fears I had over how Nikon might implement the touch screen. A post has popped up on Nikon Rumors suggesting that Nikon is killing off some of their most popular DSLR lines. Specifically, the D3x00 and D5x00 series along with their Pro line of DX bodies, currently the Nikon D500.They say that they will most likely be replaced by mirrorless models Body comparison: Nikon D500 vs Nikon D750. There is relatively no significant difference in terms of body between Nikon D500 and D750. Nikon D500, despite its smaller sensor, is slightly bigger than D750. It also has slightly heavier weight. To makes it easy for you in comparing the body of Nikon D500 and D750 we have created the images below Nikon D850 Unboxing And Setup. OK, I normally don't do unboxing videos, but I've had a few requests for it - along with a a boatload of requests for my initial menu setup. So, in the video below, we'll do a very brief unboxing so you can see just what you get with the new D850 and then we'll dive into the menu system and I'll show. The weather-sealed Nikon D7500 is also lighter than both the D500 and the old D7200. We also love how the handgrip is deeper than the old model too as it feels much more reliable in the field. The Nikon D7500 really is an excellent money-saving option compared to the pricey D500